New Delhi: The Jammu and Kashmir State Legal Service Authority organized its first E-Lok Adalat through different digital platform modes. A total of 4,273 cases were disposed of by 110 benches across the UT’s of J&K and Ladakh on August 22.
The press release by the J&KSLSA stated that the E-Lok Adalat was organized in all districts of the Union Territory of J&K and Ladakh to achieve the goal of Access to Justice for all and to help the poor litigants tide over their financial problems and untold mental stress.
The E-Lok Adalat/ Video Conferencing Lok Adalat was organized under the guidance of its Patron-in-Chief, Chief Justice Gita Mittal, J&K High Court, and under the instruction of Justice Rajesh Bindal J&K High Court.
A total number of 5,757 cases were taken up by 110 Benches across the UT’s of J&K and Ladakh and an amount of Rs 11,49,45,449 was awarded as compensation/ settlement amount in civil, criminal, labor disputes, electricity water bill cases, land acquisition, family matters, cheque dishonour, and bank recovery cases.
Read Also: First E-Lok Adalat a huge success
The press release further stated that the disposed of cases include a number of old cases including one 40 years old land dispute in Bhaderwah which ended in a compromise between the parties on the intervention of the bench.
As per the information received from the districts:
- 5,757 cases were taken up by 110 Benches in the day-long e-Lok Adalat at various courts:
- 4,273 cases were disposed of during the e-Lok Adalat.
- An amount of Rs. 11,49,45,449 was awarded as compensation/ settlement.
- The cases taken up include civil cases, criminal cases, labour disputes, cases concerning electricity and water bills, land acquisition, family matters, cheque dishonour and bank recovery cases.
- The disposed of cases include a number of old cases, including a 40-year old land dispute in Bhaderwah, which ended in a compromise between the parties following the intervention of the Bench.